This delicious recipe for ANZAC biscuits vegan swap is just as sweet and buttery as the traditional ANZAC biscuits recipe from my childhood!
- Preheat oven to 350F/176C and line cookie sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- Into a small saucepan, add vegan butter and golden syrup (or maple syrup) and stir until melted. Meanwhile, mix hot water and baking soda together in a glasss and then pour into the melted vegan butter mixture. Stir to combine.
- Into a mixing bowl add rolled oats, all-purpose flour, sugar and finely shredded coconut, stir to combine. Pour in the melted vegan butter mixture, then stir well to combine ingredients together.
- Form the mixture into 16 balls (see photo example in post above, the balls need to be about the size of an unshelled walnut). Place the balls out on the prepared cookie sheet, leaving enough space between each ball to spread during baking (about 1 inch / 2.5cms each side).
- Place the cookies dough balls into the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes for chewy Anzac biscuits or 15-16 minutes for crunchy Anzac biscuits.
- Remove the cookies from the oven, let them cool on the cookie sheet for about 5 minutes. Then transfer them to a wire rack so they can finish cooking.
Store cookies in an airtight container on the counter, and consume within 3 days.
Keywords: anzac biscuits