This AppleBaked is a healthy recipe that’s easy to prepare in advance. With this in the fridge, you’ll be ready for a delicious breakfast or a wholesome snack all week. It’s especially welcome in Fall and Winter when the best, freshest apples are in season. Also, the satisfying texture and warming spices bring some cheer to a chilly morning.
Is Baked Oatmeal Healthy?
Yes, our baked whole food plant-based. Instead of sugar, we use unsweetened apple sauce, date syrup and dried fruit. Also, replaces chicken eggs, and creamy lets us delete the dairy. Finally, (pure , with no added sugar) provides healthy fats to replace refined oil.recipe is good for you! We designed it without oil and refined sugar to make it
But what about the star ingredient, oats? Well, in short – they’re amazing. One serve of this healthy bakedhas:
- 6-7% of your daily recommended protein
- 5-8% of your fiber
- 5-12% of the B-vitamins Thiamin and Pantothenic acid
- And big doses of several essential minerals (iron, magnesium, phosphorus, zinc, copper, manganese)
The Apple of your Eye
When the weather is crisp, so are the apples! Even though there are always apples in the supermarket, they’re actually in season during Fall and Winter. This is when you’ll get the freshest, sweetest apples for baked. We love sweet apples for this recipe, like Gala, Red Delicious, or Fuji.
So, once you decide on the apple variety, it’s time to choose the best quality fruit. Here are a few tips for finding the best of the bunch:
- Avoid apples with soft, bruised, or decaying spots. However, don’t ditch an apple just because it’s blemished – that’s a natural part of the growing process.
- Is it firm? Give the apple a light squeeze – don’t buy it if it’s soft and squishy.
- Check the color, the apple varieties we mentioned above should be mostly red. Lots of color means your apple drank up plenty of sunlight, making it ripe and delicious.
- Have a sniff – an apple in good condition has a pleasant aroma. If the scent is nasty, put it back on the pile.
How to Make Baked Oatmeal
It’s time to get your healthy baked flax egg, , , date syrup, , and grated apple. Be sure to stir everything together thoroughly.started. First, mix , almonds or pieces, chopped , , , and in a large bowl. Next, add your wet ingredients:
Now, pour theblend into a square baking dish lined with . Smooth the surface out with a spoon and finish the dish by topping it with apple slices and .
To wrap things up, bake it at 375F for about 45 minutes. To test its doneness, insert a wooden, which should come out clean. Finally, let it cool for a while and cut into nine pieces. Enjoy it while it’s still warm – or store it in the fridge and enjoy it through the week.
We hope you enjoyed our AppleBaked . If you made this recipe, please let us know what you think with a comment and rating. Every bit of feedback helps make The Plant Riot even better.Print
This Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal is a healthy and wholeosme vegan + gluten-free recipe that’s easy to prepare in advance. Enjoy it all week for breakfast or as a nutritious snack.
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup almonds or walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2/3 cup oat milk
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 tablespoons date syrup
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 apple, grated (Gala, Red Delicious, or Fuji)
- 1 apple, thinly sliced (Gala, Red Delicious, or Fuji)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 375°F/190°C and line a 9×9 inch (22 x 22cm) baking pan with parchment paper.
- Prepare flax egg by mixing together ground flax seeds and water. Allow mixture to thicken for five minutes.
- Into a large bowl, add rolled oats, almond or walnut pieces, chopped raisins, cinnamon, baking powder and salt. Stir to combine.
- To the dry ingredients add prepared flax egg, oat milk, apple sauce, date syrup, almond butter, vanilla extract and grated apple, mix well.
- Pour oatmeal mixture into prepared baking pan and gently flatten surface. Top the oatmeal with apple slices and sprinkle cinnamon over the apple slices and oatmeal.
- Bake oatmeal for 45 minutes or until a wooden skewer inserted into the oatmeal comes out clean.
Keywords: apple baked oatmeal, healthy baked oatmeal, baked oatmeal recipe, The Plant Riot
This post contains affiliate links, which means that The Plant Riot (SteenPow Collective, LLC) will make a small commission if you purchase using these links. The price you pay as a consumer does not change. The Plant Riot only recommends products that we know, trust and love!