This Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal is a healthy and wholeosme vegan + gluten-free recipe that’s easy to prepare in advance. Enjoy it all week for breakfast or as a nutritious snack.
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup almonds or walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2/3 cup oat milk
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 tablespoons date syrup
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 apple, grated (Gala, Red Delicious, or Fuji)
- 1 apple, thinly sliced (Gala, Red Delicious, or Fuji)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 375°F/190°C and line a 9×9 inch (22 x 22cm) baking pan with parchment paper.
- Prepare flax egg by mixing together ground flax seeds and water. Allow mixture to thicken for five minutes.
- Into a large bowl, add rolled oats, almond or walnut pieces, chopped raisins, cinnamon, baking powder and salt. Stir to combine.
- To the dry ingredients add prepared flax egg, oat milk, apple sauce, date syrup, almond butter, vanilla extract and grated apple, mix well.
- Pour oatmeal mixture into prepared baking pan and gently flatten surface. Top the oatmeal with apple slices and sprinkle cinnamon over the apple slices and oatmeal.
- Bake oatmeal for 45 minutes or until a wooden skewer inserted into the oatmeal comes out clean.
Keywords: apple baked oatmeal, healthy baked oatmeal, baked oatmeal recipe, The Plant Riot