A quick and easy recipe for fresh pico de gallo salsa using only 6 delicious ingredients! You’ll be chopping veggies and topping tacos in no time.
- Chop all ingredients very finely. If necessary, remove seeds and pith from chilis to reduce heat.
- Add chopped ingredients, lime juice, and cilantro to a bowl and mix well.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Pico de Gallo tastes best freshly made … so we would recommend making it as needed! If it’s left to sit for too long the onion becomes very strong and the tomatoes get soggy. It only takes 10 minutes to make, so enjoy it fresh!
- Optional steps (prior to mixing Pico de Gallo): 1). Soak chopped onion in cold water for 10 minutes to reduce sharpness, 2). Drain chopped tomatoes in a strainer for about 1 hour to reduce liquid.
- Nutritional information is to be used as a guide only as calories and nutrition vary between products and brands worldwide.
Keywords: Pico de Gallo Recipe, Easy Pico de Gallo, Homemade Pico de Gallo, Pico de Gallo salsa, The Plant Riot