When you hear “baked” and “” in the same sentence, you might be thinking – “it’s a cookie recipe”! However, we’ve got something a little different – and more healthy – for you here 😃. In this recipe, we’re going to make baked with pears and . The result is a delicious, nourishing and portable breakfast!
We don’t hold back on the spices either. Withand , this meal will leave you feeling warm and cozy in the chilly months 😊.
A Toatally Awesome Ingedient!
If you’re already a fan of morning oats, this recipe is a guaranteed hit! When baked, all its great benefits. For example, oats have antioxidants, essential fatty acids, and (especially) lots of fiber. Thanks to the oats, this recipe is also gluten-free!gains a little more chew but keeps
Fuel Your Whole Week
This recipe about yields 15 slices, making it perfect for meal prepping (and sharing)! Just bake this at the beginning of the week. As a result, you’ll have a healthy baked pear breakfast that lasts for days!
They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day … so don’t skip it! Just pre-slice theafter baking and store it in reusable containers. You can even freeze it for later. It’s super easy to eat on the go, so no more excuses!
Keep it Together
For this recipe, you need twoor flax eggs to hold everything together. Have you made before? Then you’ll remember that absorb liquid and turn gelatinous. are similar but become a little less thick and gloopy.
As a result, flax is a good replacement for eggs in many recipes (not just baked). If you can’t find in your supermarket, just grab whole ones and run them through a .
The Pear Necessities
We use baked pears in this recipe because they complementand really well. They also provide a great juicy contrast to the hearty, warm . We also add sliced pears on top for decoration and an appetizing pop of color.
If pears aren’t your favorite fruit, feel free to get creative and play around with different spices and fruits. For example, you could use baked apples instead of pears.
We hope you enjoy this breakfast!
Did you try this recipe? Let us know what you think with a comment and rating! Every bit of feedback helps make the Plant Riot even better!
If you’re looking for more ways to enjoy oats, why not check out our Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal or Orange Almond Overnight Oats? And make sure you read our mega-post on How to Make the Best Creamy Oatmeal. You won’t be disappointed!Print
A warm and filling gluten-free breakfast made with rolled oats, pears, walnuts, and lots of cinnamon.
- 2 flax eggs (made using 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds and six tablespoons water)
- 2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cup walnut pieces
- 1/2 cup raisins, chopped
- 1/4 cup organic raw sugar
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/4 cup oat milk
- 3 tablespoons vegan butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 pears, cored and diced (around two cups)
- 1 pear, sliced lengthways
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon raw organic sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375°F/190°C and line a 9×13 inch (22x33cm) baking dish with parchment paper.
- Prepare flax eggs by mixing together ground flax seeds with six tablespoons of water. Allow mixture to thicken for five minutes.
- In a large bowl, add rolled oats, walnuts, chopped raisins, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, and salt. Stir to combine.
- To dry ingredients add prepared flax eggs, oat milk, melted vegan butter, and vanilla extract. Mix well, then carefully fold in diced pears.
- Pour oatmeal mixture into prepared baking dish and gently flatten surface.
- Top the oatmeal with pear slices. Mix sugar and cinnamon together in a small bowl, then sprinkle over the pear slices and oatmeal.
- Bake oatmeal for 45 minutes or until a wooden skewer inserted into the baked oatmeal comes out clean.
- Store baked oatmeal in an airtight container and consume within 3 days. Alternatively, you can wrap a few slices and place them in the freezer. To defrost, remove from the freezer an hour or so before eating, or zap in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Nutritional information is to be used as a guide only as calories and nutrition vary between products and brands worldwide.
Keywords: baked pear oatmeal with walnuts, baked oatmeal, easy baked oatmeal, vegan baked oatmeal, gluten free baked oatmeal, best baked oatmeal recipe, the plant riot
This post contains affiliate links, which means that The Plant Riot (Rachel’s Fit Kitchen, LLC) will make a small commission if you purchase using these links. The price you pay as a consumer does not change. The Plant Riot only recommends products that we know, trust and love!