Carby, comforting, and super-cheesy Broccoli Cheese Casserole with Pasta Recipe with vegan cheese sauce. Meal prep + freezer-friendly!
Pasta + Broccoli
- 12 ounces penne pasta (or pasta of choice)
- 2 heads of fresh broccoli, chopped (4 cups of florets)
- Preheat the oven to 350F/175C and grease a 9 x13 inch baking tin.
- Cook the pasta + broccoli: Fill a large pot with water and add a pinch of salt. Bring water to a boil and cook pasta according to package instructions. Two minutes before the pasta is cooked add the broccoli pieces to the pot of boiling pasta. Drain the water and return cooked pasta and broccoli to the pot.
- Make the cheese sauce: Melt vegan butter in a medium size pot over low heat. Add flour, onion and garlic powder, and a pinch of salt and pepper, and stir until mixture has combined, whisk until well combined and cook for 2-3 minutes. Pour 1/2 cup of plant-milk into the mixture and continue to stir until smooth. Repeat until all plant-milk has been combined, and keep whisking until the sauce starts to boil. Then whisk in vegan cheese shreds and mix until melted. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Pour the cheese sauce into the pot of cooked pasta and broccoli, stir to combine. Pour into casserole dish and bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes until the broccoli cheese casserole has formed a crust and crispy ends.
Serve while warm. Enjoy!
Keywords: broccoli cheese casserole