A delicious gluten-free cauliflower pizza crust so firm you can hold a slice in your hand! Add your favorite toppings and get the vegan pizza party started!
- Prepare chia/flax egg by mixing together finely ground chia or flax seeds with four tablespoons of water. Allow to thicken for five minutes.
- Add cauliflower florets into food processor and pulse until the cauliflower has turned into pieces the size of rice. Skip this step if using store-bought cauliflower rice.
- Into a large pot fitted with a steamer insert, add 1 inch / 2.5cms water. Bring water to a boil and then add cauliflower rice, steam 5 minutes. Remove cauliflower from heat and set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 375F / 190C and line a 12 inches/3cms pizza tray with parchment paper.
- Scoop steamed cauliflower into nut bag (or cotton kitchen towel), then squeeze bag to remove excess water from the cauliflower. Tip cauliflower into a medium size bowl, along with prepared chia/flax eggs, gluten-free flour, vegan cheese, nutritional yeast, salt and pepper. Stir well to combine.
- Transfer cauliflower pizza dough to the parchment paper and using a spoon and your fingers, form a 1/4 inch / 0.6cms thick pizza crust. Bake for 40 minutes, flipping over half way through baking.
- Top pizza with sauce, vegan cheese and veggies of choice. Then return to the oven and bake for further 10 to 15 minutes until the vegan cheese is melted and the veggies are golden. Enjoy! 😋🍕
Keywords: cauliflower pizza crust recipe, vegan pizza recipe, gluten-free pizza recipe, The Plant Riot