Happy new year friends, and hello January!
Anyone else feeling relieved to be waving goodbye to 2020?
Here at The Plant Riot HQ we’re feeling rested, restored, and all fired up for whatever the next 12 months have in store, and are looking forward to starting the year right. If you’re anything like me then you might be feeling a bit – URGH – about your diet right now. Hey, it’s cool, it’s been a weird year. I’ve been feeling less healthy than I’d like due to emotional eating, moving across the country, and a general lack of motivation, so in January I’ll be focused on changing my eating habits for the better, and finding that sweet spot between health and enjoyment (because rest assured, I will never, EVER give up occasional junk food feasts!)
In the spirit of getting back on track, I’ve teamed up with some of the best names in food, fitness, and wellness, to bring you all a comprehensive, holistic plan to refresh your mind, body, and soul. The bundle features more than 70 eBooks focused on healthy cooking, plant-based living, long-term fitness, hormone health, and body confidence, so whatever your goal for the new year you’re bound to find what you’re looking for. Purchased separately all these books would cost $1,597.73 USD, but we’re offering you all of them for just $50 – that’s a saving of around 97%. Click here for all the info you need to claim your eBook bundle. The bundle is available for a limited time at this heavily discounted price, so make sure you snag your bundle before Thursday January 14th, 2021 1.59am PT (California time).
If you’re not quite ready to commit to a full lifestyle makeover, then check out my January kitchen heroes instead:
- Kale Salad with Apple, Orange + Pomegranate
- Green Juice | No Blender Needed!
- Vegan ‘Egg’ Bites
- Vitamix | My Favorite Kitchen Appliance!
- Mini Food Processor
2020 ended up being one of the wildest years, for the world at large, and on a personal level too. Towards the end of December, I was feeling super drained and in need of a little rest and reset, so I took a glorious 10 days off over Christmas and New Year. It felt so good to disconnect from work for a bit and reconnect with my family, and by the end of the break, I was feeling a lot more human again. Sometimes we all need a little down time to remind us of what’s important.
December Highlights Reel
Our Christmas lunch this year was probably the best yet. Since it was just me, Andrew, and our dog Cesar we got to tailor the menu to our tastes, and managed to put together a plant-based feast that lasted us all week!
- Tofurky Plant-Based Ham, Classic Gravy, Fingerling potatoes with herb vegan butter, and Cauliflower in Vegan Cheese Sauce… and spent the day watching Christmas movies in our PJs. My top three this year were ‘A Bad Moms Christmas’, ‘National Lampoon’s Christmas Holiday’, and the Seinfeld ‘Festivus’ episode.
- Took a socially distanced trip to Laguna Beach, California (45 minutes from home). We stayed for three nights and fell in love with the fresh ocean air, gorgeous palm tree lined promenades and awesome shopping.
- Bought a new car! After researching all the environmental and economic benefits, we finally settled on getting a Tesla. There’s a charging unit right across from our apartment, and I’m excited to enjoy some eco-friendly road trips journeys in 2021 (and Andrew is loving all the tech stuff the car offers!).
December ‘Life Happens’
- My disaster attempt at a Christmas cheesecake. I’ve made heaps of plant-based cheesecakes before, but for some reason this year I couldn’t make it work. I used a different plant-based cheese, and halfway through the process it split, with a layer of oil on top and all the solids at the bottom. Gross. Fortunately, Hot for Food had an amazing vegan Banoffee Pie recipe, which saved our Christmas dessert course. Yum.
- Poor Cesar is still in a cone, after injuring his foot mid December. He’s dealing with it really well, but I can’t wait to have him back to full health, hopefully by the end of the month.
As always, thank you everyone for joining me for another coffee chat. It’s always a pleasure sharing a brew with you! If you want to read past coffee chats then you can find them linked below!
Thanks for reading!
Lots of love,
December 2020 | Thanksgiving Feast | Blue Hair | 2 months in San Diego | Top Secret Project
November 2020 | Settling into life in San Diego | COVID scare | 6 month adoption anniversary
October 2020 | First Coffee Chat! | Move from Boston to San Diego | Road Trip