Cold Brew Coffee | Our Simple How-To Guide
Check out our how-to guide on making perfect cold brew coffee EVERY TIME! With minimal effort you can drink smooth, cool coffee all summer long!!!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 - 24 hours
- Total Time: 12 - 24 hours
- Yield: 6 cups cold brew coffee 1x
- 6 cups water
- 1 1/4 cups coarsely ground coffee beans*
To serve (optional)
- Dairy-free creamer or milk
- Cold water
- Pour water into a pitcher or container that is fitted with a lid.
- Add coarsely ground coffee beans, and stir the grounds into the water so they are completely wet.
- Close the container and place it on the countertop for 12 hours or in the fridge for 24 hours.
- Once your coffee has finished brewing, you will need to remove the coffee grounds. We keep it simple and filter as follows:
- Pour the cold brew coffee through a regular mesh strainer (into another pitcher or large bowl) to remove larger grounds.
- Rinse the filter, line it with a paper towel**, and pour the coffee through again. This captures the finer grounds that end up as “silt” in your coffee.
- Enjoy your cold brew coffee mixed 1:1 with cold water, dairy-free half-and-half or milk, or poured over ice. If desired, add a little of your favorite sweetener.
Store the filtered cold brew in an airtight container in the fridge and consume within a week.
*We use medium roast, but you can use any roast you prefer. Remember, the lighter the roast, the more caffeine you get!
**You can replace the paper towel with anything else that will work. For example, you could use a coffee filter or cheesecloth.
Keywords: cold brew coffee how to, iced coffee recipe, cold brew coffee ratio, The Plant Riot