It’s getting towards the end of the year, do you know what that means? Cranberries and apples are in season – so let’s take advantage of that with this muffin recipe! Of course, this is The Plant Riot, so these aren’t your traditional muffins. This recipe is 100% plant-based, and it’s also gluten-free. Yet, the muffins are soft, moist, and super-satisfying. And last but not least, absolutely mouthwatering!
But guess what? We can’t take the credit for this recipe. In fact, you can thank Rachel’s Mum for these fantastic muffins. They’ve been a family favorite ever since she created the recipe! Therefore, these delicious Cranberry Apple muffins come all the way from Australia. We like to think they bring some Aussie sunshine to brighten your day 😉.
So how can these muffins be so amazing with no eggs or dairy? Well, never underestimate the power of plants. This recipe is gluten-free because it uses. This option not only avoids the wheat but also adds healthy fats that replace butter. Almonds also pack plenty of protein – so you’ll find these muffins are more satisfying than your regular baked treat.
There’s also no need for eggs because we use the binding power of ground flaxseed. Furthermore, the grated apple keeps the muffin moist and sweet. And to round out the flavor, the cranberries add a fun pop of tartness. Be sure to use fresh cranberries, because frozen ones will be mushy, not juicy.
Yes, it’s true – you can get all of that with just fruits, nuts, and seeds! It ain’t hard to be vegan.
Pro tip: you can swap out the cranberries for fresh blueberries to put another spin on this recipe.
How to make Cranberry Apple Muffins
The best part about these muffins is all the juicy cranberry and apple flavors! But the second-best thing is how crazy-easy they are to make! The only equipment you need is a bowl, chopping, mixing spoon, grater, and a .
As for the baking technique, well – check it out:
- Grate the apple (this is the toughest step 😊).
- Mix 3 tablespoons of ground flaxseed with 9 tablespoons of water and set aside while you prepare everything else (this is the next toughest step 😃).
- Put all the ingredients (wet and dry) in a bowl.
- Mix everything until it’s combined.
- Line the with 12 paper muffin/cupcake , then divide the muffin batter evenly between them.
- BAKE! For 20 minutes at 350F / 180C.
Not going to eat the whole batch of muffins in one sitting? No problem! This recipe freezes really well. So don’t be afraid to prep muffins for the entire week! Just pop them in the microwave for 30 seconds when you’re ready to eat (don’t even worry about thawing)!
Alternatively, Cranberry Apple muffins will keep in the fridge for 2-3 days. When you’re ready, warm them in the microwave for 20 seconds and munch away! They are the ultimate grab-and-go breakfast or snack.
Did you try this Cranberry Apple muffin recipe? If you did, let us know what you think with a comment and a rating! Every bit of feedback helps make The Plant Riot even better.Print
Taste perfection with our Cranberry Apple Muffin recipe! They are moist + delicious, vegan + gluten-free. A perfect on-the-go breakfast or satisfying snack!
- 3 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 9 tablespoons water
- 3 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup organic brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 7oz / 200 grams grated apple (around 1.5 medium apples), peeled
- 1 cup fresh cranberries, washed
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350F / 180C and prepare a muffin tin by lining with 12 paper muffin/cupcake baking cups.
- Prepare the flax eggs by mixing together ground flax seeds with water, set aside to thicken for 5 minutes.
- Into a medium sized mixing bowl, add flax eggs, almond flour, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, salt, grated apple, fresh cranberries, almond milk and apple cider vinegar. Mix until combined.
- Divide the cranberry apple muffin batter evenly between the 12 baking cups.
- Place into the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the muffin comes out clean.
Cranberry Apple muffins will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days. See Notes section for more details.
- Cranberry Apple muffins will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days. We like to warm them in the microwave for 20 seconds before munching away!
- Alternatively, this recipe freezes really well. So don’t be afraid to prep muffins for the entire week! Just pop them in the microwave for 30 seconds when you’re ready to eat (don’t even worry about thawing)!
Keywords: cranberry apple muffins, cranberry muffin recipe, cranberry muffins, apple muffins, The Plant Riot
This post contains affiliate links, which means that The Plant Riot (SteenPow Collective LLC) will make a small commission if you purchase using these links. The price you pay as a consumer does not change. The Plant Riot only recommends products that we know, trust and love!