Easy + Creamy Potato Salad with Vegan Mayo
Try this easy, creamy potato salad, made with vegan mayonnaise and fresh herbs. You’ll love it for picnics, BBQs, and any warm-weather get-together!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes + cooling time
- Yield: 12 servings 1x
- 5lbs / 2.25kgs waxy potatoes (e.g. Yellow Finn, Yukon Gold, or Red), roughly chopped into 1/2 inch / 1.5cm cubes
- 1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise*
- 8 green onions, trimmed and thinly sliced
- Handful fresh dill, finely chopped
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Fill a large pot with water, add chopped potatoes and a pinch of salt. Place the pot on the stove top and bring to the boil.
- Once boiling, reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender, around 10-15 minutes (depending on the size of the pieces).
- The potatoes are cooked once you can slide a fork into the center. Drain, transfer to a large salad bowl and set aside to cool.
- Into the bowl of cooled potatoes, add mayonnaise, sliced green onions, fresh dill, squeeze of lemon, salt, and pepper, then stir well to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed. Serve cold.
- Increase to 3/4 cup if you want your potato salad REALLY CREAMY!
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Nutrition facts are to be used as a guide only and are calculated without optional toppings.
Keywords: easy creamy potato salad, creamy potato salad, vegan potato salad, how to make potato salad