Do you go into a cold sweat when you realize the Holiday giving season is here? What should I get for Mom and Dad? Which relatives will I be seeing this year? Can I regift this thing without anyone finding out?
OK, maybe we’re exaggerating (or then again, maybe not!) but it’s always helpful to have some fresh ideas. We created this list to show you some of the wonderful things you can share with your friends and family this year.
Everything is organized into sections for easy navigation. So have a browse and hopefully, you’ll find the perfect gift!
Why not give the gift of a hobby? If you know someone who loves to experiment in the kitchen, check out some of these terrific resources.
- Everything you need to make fresh and delicious kombucha at home (except for an easily sourced fermentation vessel). You control the flavor and ingredients of your favorite fermented beverages. Also, reduce waste by buying less bottled kombucha from the store!
- This step-by-step guide to fermenting grains and beans is perfect for that “make it from scratch” chef in your life. We can’t imagine many things better than having fresh tempeh on demand!
- This kit converts all your random mason jars into mini-fermenters. It’s perfect for all your pickling needs. Make pickled veggies, sauerkraut, kimchi and more!
- Yogurt is another great way to have fun with fermentation! This yogurt maker is super easy to use – and with the starter culture, you don’t need to rely on store-bought yogurt to kick off fermentation. What’s more, the starter is vegan and the entire set-up is 100% compatible with all your favorite plant milks!
- Yet another sure hit for the home artisan, this book teaches you to make delicious vegan cheese at home. The author behind this book is Julie Piatt, who’s seriously a big deal in the plant food world. She and her husband Rich Roll are a plant-fuelled force of nature!
There are obviously plenty of vegan cookbooks out there – which makes it hard to choose. However, we’re here to help. Here’s a shortlist of our favorites – we’re sure you’ll find the perfect topic for your loved one in here:
- Plant-Based on a Budget: Delicious Vegan Recipes for Under $30 a Week, in Less Than 30 Minutes a Meal
- The Vegan Instant Pot Cookbook: Wholesome, Indulgent Plant-Based Recipes
- The Joy of Vegan Baking: More than 150 Traditional Treats and Sinful Sweets
- Bish Bash Bosh!: Your Favorites All Plants
- Vegan 100: Over 100 Incredible Recipes from Avant-Garde Vegan
- Vegan Reset: The 28-Day Plan to Kickstart Your Healthy Lifestyle
- The Homemade Vegan Pantry: The Art of Making Your Own Staples
- Coconut Bowls: Vegan Bowls for Vegan Souls (you can find one of our recipes in here!)
We also have two favorite non-cooking books to share. Both of these are best suited for your vegan friends and family. Colleen Patrick-Goudreau (The Joyful Vegan) and Clare Mann (Vystopia) are here to help the vegan community stay strong and positive in the face of a difficult world.
- The Joyful Vegan: How to Stay Vegan in a World That Wants You to Eat Meat, Dairy, and Eggs
- Vystopia: The Anguish of Being Vegan in a Non-Vegan World
- One of our absolute favorite appliances. It greatly reduces the time needed to make soups, mashed potatoes, stews, cooking beans and rice and other traditionally slow-cooked meals. You can even make dairy-free yogurt!
- A Kitchen Aid is both an investment and a treat, but the bakers amongst your friends and family will love it! It’s terrific for making cookie and cake batter, bread and other doughs, and even aquafaba meringue and vegan mayonnaise! Plus, they come in the best colors (we have the cherry red one shown in the link).
- A Vitamix blender is definitely a big-ticket item. However, we absolutely love ours. We purchased it “renewed” for a big discount (which is what we’ve linked to). Our renewed model has plowed on for four years now, without any issues. It’s absolutely essential for making the smoothest smoothies. Also, things like vegan cheese sauce and mayonnaise are a breeze!
Here are a few of the simple items we just can’t do without. Sure, there are a lot of “gimmicky” kitchen gadgets out there. However, we use every single one of these almost every day.
- Wooden Salt + Pepper Grinders
- Spiralizer and Vegetable Slicer
- Digital Kitchen Scale / Analog Kitchen Scale
- Global 7-inch Stainless Steel Chef’s Knife or Global 2 Piece Knife Set (7-inch and 3-inch)
- Food Processor
Are you a caffeine fiend? A coffee connoisseur? Or perhaps you’re a tea lover? Here is our selection of handy, quality products for making all your favorite hot beverages.
- Electric Gooseneck Kettle with Temperature Presets
- Coffee Grinder with 15 Grind Settings
- Electric Milk Frother and Steamer
- Glass Pour Over Coffee Maker with Stainless Steel Filter
- Glass Tea Pot with Removable Filter
Also, for when you need coffee or tea on the run, take the sustainable route with these reuseable coffee and tea mugs (lots of colors to choose from).
- 12oz Toughened Glass Cup & Natural Cork Band
- 14 oz Stainless Steel Insulated Mug with Lid
- 16oz / 22oz Stainless Steel & Vacuum Insulated with Press-in Lid
- Aromatherapy Essential Oil Diffuser and Essential Oils. Have you tried them? Essential oils are a great way to create a calm, relaxing space after a long day.
- Scented Soy Wax Candles are another easy way to create a pleasant atmosphere when you’re ready to chill out.
- Vegancuts. There are plenty of subscription boxes out there, but this one is designed specifically for the vegan lifestyle. Vegancuts delivers the best vegan snacks, beauty, and makeup products right to your door!
Reusable Grocery + Produce Bags
- Cotton Mesh Produce Bags (9 pack, varied sizes)
- Cotton Grocery Bags (5 pack, one size)
- Nylon Grocery Bags (6 pack, with cute animal prints)
We hope our Holiday Gift Guide gave you some ideas! Drop us a comment below to let us know which gift ideas you liked the best, or let us know if there are gifts ideas we should add to the list. Happy Holiday!
This post contains affiliate links, which means that The Plant Riot (SteenPow Collective LLC) will make a small commission if you purchase using these links. The price you pay as a consumer does not change. The Plant Riot only recommends products that we know, trust and love!