Let’s get cooking with these healthy and delicious collard greens – they’re nutrition-packed and taste amazing paired with onions, garlic, and lemon juice.
- Prepare the collard greens by removing the woody stems, then roll up the leaves and cut them into 1/4 inch / 6mm strips. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add chopped onions and garlic and sauté until the garlic is fragrant and the onion has softened.
- Sprinkle in the crushed red pepper, a pinch of salt and freshly ground pepper, stir to combine. Then pile in as many collard greens strips as you can. Don’t worry if they don’t fit – the first handful will wilt quickly, and then you can add the rest.
- Stir-fry the greens until they’re just tender, and are still vibrant and green, around 3-5 minutes.
- Take the stir-fried collard greens off the heat and add a generous squeeze of lemon juice. Sprinkle with a little extra crushed red pepper, salt and freshly ground pepper. Serve immediately! Enjoy!
Keywords: how to cook collard greens, collard greens nutrition, cooking with collard greens, collard green easy recipe, recipes with collard greens, vegan recipes, The Plant Riot