- Wash and drain quinoa: Place the quinoa into a deep pot and cover with cold water. Swish the quinoa around for a minute or two, then tip into a fine mesh strainer to drain.
- Cook quinoa according to desired method:
- Stovetop: Place washed and drained quinoa into a medium size pot, add water or vegetable broth, a pinch of salt, and then cover with lid. Bring contents to a boil and then reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes until the water has been absorbed and the quinoa is tender. Remove from heat and set aside to cool (remove lid) for 10 minutes. Fluff cooked quinoa with a fork.
- Instant Pot: Place washed and drained quinoa into the Instant Pot, add water or vegetable broth, and a pinch of salt. Cover with lid, lock into place and move handle to sealing. Select ‘Pressure Cook’ and cook for 1 minute. Once cooked, allow pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes, then flip the steam release handle to venting to release the remaining pressure before removing the lid. Remove lid and fluff cooked quinoa with a fork.
- Store cooked quinoa in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days, or freeze portions for later use.
Keywords: how to cook quinoa