It’s time for vegan meatballs! Our recipe uses Impossible Burger plant meat, and the meatballs are so “meaty” that non-vegan versions a thing of the past.
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 1 cup + 3 tablespoons vegetable broth
- 1 large onion, peeled and cut into quarters
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 12oz (0.75lb)/ 340grams Impossible Burger plant meat
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup vegan parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cooking oil spray (if cooking using on the stovetop)
- Prepare flax egg by mixing together ground flax seeds with 3 tablespoons of vegetable broth in a small bowl or mug. Allow to thicken for 5 minutes.
- Add onion and garlic to a food processor and blitz until pureed.
- Into a large mixing bowl add flax egg, 1 cup vegetable broth, pureed onion and garlic, Impossible Burger plant meat, bread crumbs, vegan parmesan cheese, parsley, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix well to combine.
- If you’d like to cook the vegan meatballs in the oven, preheat oven to 425F/218C and prepare a baking tray by lining it with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- Form the the vegan meatball mixture into 32 balls (around 1 inch/2.5cms wide). (see notes for rolling tip)
- To cook the vegan meatballs:
- Oven: place vegan meatballs on the lined baking tray and bake in the oven for around 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Stovetop: place vegan meatballs into a medium hot skillet, which has been coated with cooking oil spray (see note). Fry until golden brown on all sides.
- Transfer vegan meatballs to a bowl and serve will warm. Enjoy!
Store vegan meatballs in a sealed container in the fridge and consume within 3 days. Reheat as needed.
- Wet your hands before rolling the vegan meatballs to stop the. mixture from sticking.
- Cooking the vegan meatballs in the oven will result in the balls retaining their round shape.
- If you want to avoid adding additional oil altogether you can cook without it by adding a splash of water to the pan whenever the meatballs start to stick.
Keywords: vegan meatballs, meatballs recipe, Impossible burger recipes, The Plant Riot