Thick and fluffy pancakes that are guaranteed to make your mornings a lot better and lot more delicious!
- 1 cup organic all-purpose flour
- 1 cup plant milk (almond, cashew or oat works well)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or agave nectar
- 3 tablespoons organic canola or coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
- Pinch of salt
- Cooking oil spray or coconut oil, to grease the skillet
Mix-in ideas (optional)
- 3/4 cup fresh blueberries, strawberries, mixed berries
- 3/4 cup fresh cranberries (halved) and 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 3/4 cup fresh blueberries and 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Place all ingredients into a large bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat*. Grease the skillet with oil of choice, then pour 1/4 cup of pancake batter into the center of the skillet. Cook pancake until little bubbles form on the surface, then flip and cook for another couple of minutes until the pancake is golden brown on both sides. Repeat with remaining batter.
Enjoy your Fluffy Pancakes warm with fresh fruit, a drizzle of maple syrup, chia jam and/or vegan butter!
- *I like to use two skillets so I get all my Fluffy Pancakes cooked more quickly!
- Nutrition facts are to be used as a guide only and are calculated without optional toppings.
Keywords: fluffy pancakes, vegan pancakes, easy pancake recipe, pancakes from scratch, how to make pancakes, The Plant Riot