Make perfect Pumpkin Puree recipe from scratch with two ingredients! | How to cut and roast pumpkin + vegan recipes to make with your puree!
- 1 pie pumpkin (around 3lbs / 1.35kgs), washed
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350F / 176C and prepare a baking tray by lining it with parchment paper or a silicon baking mat.
- Cut the pumpkin in half. See recipe blog post for tips on how to cutting instructions.
- Scoop out the seeds and strings using a spoon. (*See note)
- Place the pumpkin halves cut side down.
- Bake for 1 to 1 1/4 hours until the pumpkin is tender or a skewer easily sliced into the side of the pumpkin. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Scoop the baked pumpkin out of peel and place into the food processor. Add a pinch of salt and blitz until smooth and creamy. As needed, stop the food processor and scrap down the sides.
- Transfer the pumpkin puree to a bowl and use as desired!
- *Save the pumpkin seeds, and roast them up for a tasty snack!
Keywords: The Plant Riot, pumpkin puree recipe