With our effortless recipe, oven-roasted carrots and parsnips transform into sweet, caramelized delights. Add this easy, comforting side to any hot meal!
- 1.5lbs / 700grams parsnips, peeled and cut in half lengthwise
- 1.5lbs / 700grams carrots, peeled (optional) and cut in half lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 –1/2 cup maple syrup (see notes)
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
To serve (optional):
- Handful of flat leg parsley, roughly chopped
- Handful of pomegranate arils
- Preheat the oven to 400F/205C and have a baking dish or roasting pan ready.
- Peel and cut parsnips and carrots, ensuring that they are all the same thickness to help with even roasting. pieces are similar sizes.
- Into a large mixing bowl add the vegetables, olive oil, maple syrup, salt and pepper. Toss using a spoon or your hands too ensure the veggies are well coated.
- Place the veggies in a baking dish or roasting pan and roast for 40-45 minutes, or until they are soft and starting to caramelize.
- Once roasted, remove from the oven, sprinkle with a little salt, and for that added festive touch sprinkle the veggies with pomegranate seeds and chopped flat leaf parsley.
Enjoy your Roasted Parsnips and Carrots while hot alongside your favorite main meal.
Store any leftover veggies in an airtight container in the fridge and consume within 3 days.
Keywords: roasted parsnips and carrots, roasted carrots in oven, recipe for roasted carrots, roasted parsnips, The Plant Riot