Our Spicy Edamame Recipe | The Perfect Salty Snack!
3 reasons to try our Spicy Edamame recipe – It’s easy, It has plenty of protein + nutrition, and It’s WAY healthier than a bag of chips! Check it out!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings as an appetizer 1x
- 2–3 tablespoons avocado oil (or mildly flavored oil of your choice)
- 1lb / 454 grams frozen edamame in the pod (fully cooked and lightly salted)
- 1/2 red bell pepper, roughly chopped
- 1/4 brown onion, roughly chopped
- 1–2 serrano peppers, sliced (or similar chili peppers)
- 1–2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Warm oil in a medium-hot skillet, then add the frozen edamame pods, red bell pepper, onion, serrano peppers, garlic, and salt.
- Cook for around 10 minutes until the bell peppers and onions have softened, and the edamame pods have started to brown, stir regularly.
- Remove an edamame pod, allow it to cool slightly, then open it up to check that its hot inside. If it is, then you’re ready to get snacking! If not, let them cook for another minute or two.
Enjoy your Spicy Edamame warm, alongside a refreshing drink!
- Nutritional information is to be used as a guide only as calories and nutrition vary between products and brands worldwide.
Keywords: spicy edamame, edamame recipe, edamame protein, edamame nutrition, The Plant Riot