Thumbprint Cookies with Jam | Vegan, Buttery + Jammy
Recipe for Thumbprint Cookies with Raspberry Jam | Delicious ‘buttery’ and jammy vegan cookies that are budget friendly and simple to make!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutess
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 25 cookies 1x
- Preheat oven to 350F/176C and line two cookie sheets with silicone baking mats or parchment paper.
- Into a medium mixing bowl, add softened vegan butter and granulated sugar. Using a stand mixer or hand mixer, cream the butter and sugar together. Then pour in the aquafaba and vanilla extract, mix to combine.
- Add the all-purpose flour and a pinch of salt, and using a wooden spoon or scraper, mix the ingredients together until just combined. (See Note regarding chilling).
- Make the cookie dough balls, by scooping a heaped tablespoon of dough into the palm of your hands. Roll your palms together to form the dough into a ball. Keep rolling until the ball is smooth and doesn’t have any cracks on the surface.
- Place the cookie dough balls on the prepared cookie sheets, allowing 1 inch/2.5cms between each ball. Then carefully press your thumb down in the center of the ball to create a deep thumbprint. Be careful when making the thumbprints to prevent the cookie dough from cracking.
- Using a teaspoon scoop up some raspberry jam and fill the indent/thumbprint with around 1/2 teaspoon of jam.
- Place cookie sheets into the oven and bake thumbprint cookies until lightly golden, around 10 minutes.
- Remove thumbprint cookies from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes on the cookie sheet, then transfer to a cooling rack to complete cooling.
Store Thumbprint Cookies in an airtight container on the counter and consume within 3 days.
- Chilling the cookie dough isn’t necessary, but if it’s particularly hot where you live, you might like to chill the cookie dough for 10-15 minutes in the fridge before forming the dough into balls.
Keywords: thumbprint cookies, recipe for thumbprint cookies, thumbprint cookies with jam, The Plant Riot