Tofu & turmeric are scrambled to create the ultimate vegan breakfast in this healthy recipe! Served with classic breakfast foods like tomato, mushroom and steamed spinach.
- 1 14oz / 400grams pack firm organic tofu, drained and dried
- 1/4 medium onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- Spray oil or olive oil
- 2 clusters of cherry tomatoes on the vine (about 1 lb / 450 grams)
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced or left whole
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 2 greens onions, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 350F / 176C. Line a roasting tray with parchment paper. Place cherry tomatoes on the tray and spray with a little oil (or brush with olive oil, if preferred). Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper. Roast for 30-45 minutes. Set aside (keep warm).
- Warm an oiled skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and cook until golden brown, about 8 minutes. Set aside (keep warm).
- To the same skillet, add tofu and onion (In the skillet break up tofu using a wooden spoon – you want largish pieces). Then add nutritional yeast and turmeric, gently stir tofu mixture. Season to taste. Cook for about five minutes.
- Add spinach to the skillet (mix through scramble, if desired) and allow to wilt for a 1-2 minutes.
- Serve tofu scramble, wilted spinach, roast tomatoes and mushrooms immediately while hot. Sprinkle with green onion.
- Nutritional information is to be used as a guide only as calories and nutrition vary between products and brands worldwide.
Keywords: tofu scramble with tomatoes mushrooms spinach, tofu scramble, vegan breakfast, the plant riot