Vegan Egg Bites | Easy Protein-Packed Breakfast
The vegan egg bites are perfect for breakfast on the go! Make this recipe at the start of the week and enjoy protein-packed egg bites every morning!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 to 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 to 50 minutes
- Yield: 12 Vegan 'egg' cups 1x
- Preheat the oven to 375°F/190°C and prepare a 12 cup muffin tray by spraying with a little cooking oil or lining with silicon baking cups.
- Place pressed firm tofu, nutritional yeast and ground turmeric into a high powered blender, and blend until the ingredients are liquified and creamy.
- Add the vegetables, black salt/salt and pepper into the blender. Scrape down the sides and stir the vegetables into the tofu mixture using a spatula.
- Scoop tofu vegetable mixture evenly between the 12 muffin cups.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until a skewer inserted into the vegan “egg” bites comes out clean. Enjoy!
Uneaten vegan “egg” bites should be stored in the fridge, where they’ll keep for around 3 days. They are delicious cold or left to warm up at room temperature for a few minutes. Alternatively, you can give them a (very) short zap in the microwave – around 30-60 seconds. Of course, you can also freeze your vegan “egg” bites and thaw them on demand. However, freezing changes the texture of tofu – so be prepared for a slightly chewier result.
- Black salt (kala namak) is used to give these vegan “egg” bites that sulphureous eggy taste that people are used to. If you’re a fan chicken eggs, we’re sure you’ll be surprised by this tofu and black salt twist!
Keywords: vegan egg bites, egg bites recipes, tofu recipes, The Plant Riot